We want to hear from you! As a part of the photography community, Tether Tools is dedicated to providing valuable industry news, tools and advice to Tether Talk readers. As a guest blogger, you’ll get a byline on the Tether Talk blog and we’ll help you promote your own website or blog by linking back to it from your post. Read on for information on submission guidelines and instructions.
Tether Talk Guest Blog Submission Guidelines:
- The topic of the post must be useful to the readers of Tether Talk, focusing in some way on photography, tethered photography, HDSLR video, or using related technology in an educational setting.
- Posts must not be entirely self-promotional.
- Please provide us with a short biography – 2 to 3 sentences – along with a high-res headshot and links to your social media channels or website.
- Guest posts must be original and may not have already been published elsewhere online. However, we will consider a post that has fresh commentary introducing a re-post that makes it relevant to Tether Tools readers.
- Tether Tools will do its part to promote guest blog posts on our social media channels, and we ask that you do the same. Here is a brief snapshot of our social media reach as of March 2013:
- Tether Talk: 10,000 monthly visitors and more than 15,000 monthly page views
- Facebook: More than 11,500 likes
- Twitter: 1,700+ followers
- Pinterest: 143 followers and growing
- Google+: 122 followers and growing
- Monthly Newsletter: 16,000+ subscribers
- Posts must be between 250 and 600 words. If you feel the topic warrants more than 600 words, then we can consider doing a two-part series.
- Original photography (images that you own the rights to) is preferred, but you can also provide images that you sourced from another party so long as you have permission to use the images. If the images are not yours, please provide us with information on who should receive the photo credit.
- Images should be high-res and of good quality.
- If you are using facts, research or quotes from other sources, please attribute and link accordingly.
- Please provide us with a first-person quote about the topic you are writing about. For example, if your blog post is about your tethered photography workflow and you are using Tether Tools products, how did those products help with the efficiency or process of the photo shoot? If you are writing about your love for travel photography, why is it a passion of yours?
You can submit guest blog posts for consideration, or any questions you might have about the process, to media [at] tethertools.com.