Sony has released their new software suite, Imaging Edge, which is the combination of three applications. The three different programs come bundled together in a single installer which is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. The three different programs, Remote, Viewer, and Edit are built in a way that allows photographers to shoot with a tethered setup and then seamlessly progress to culling and then editing the shots.
You can check Sony’s list of supported devices to see if your camera will work with any or all of the programs that come in the software suite. As of this writing, the only Sony camera that supports all elements of this technology is the Sony a7R III as noted in the list of supported devices.
[REMOTE]: Shooting Tethered via Live Viewing on PC or MAC
Remote shooting application allows for live tethered shooting. Photographers can adjust the camera’s settings remotely on the computer and display LiveView with ease.
Composition adjustment (Grid, Guide, Live View)
The Grid, Guide, and Overlay functions allow you to make detailed adjustments to the composition.
Focus adjustment (Aria focus, zoom display)
You can efficiently make detailed focus adjustments with Aria focus, zoom display, and manual focus functions.
Display Overlay, Display Grid, and Display Guide
Image is automatically exported to PC, where you can use RAW development features such as checking, selecting, and adjusting quality.
[VIEWER]: Image Selection
Enables viewing images in list display, to select and add ratings:
- The result of shooting image can be quickly displayed by working together with [Remote]. File import is not necessary because it can reference folders. It also enables you to check the shooting image by using grid and guides.
- Shows image data such as RAW and JPEG in list display. In [Edit] you can select images to develop RAW file.
- Rating information can be transformed to XMP*(Adobe compatible), therefore can be transferred to Adobe Bridge and Photoshop.
[EDIT]: RAW Development
RAW development application achieves high quality developed image:
- Adjust image brightness, color, and white balance.
- Adjust the image quality of ARQ-format images generated by Pixel Shift Multi Shooting and develop them into TIFF, JPEG, or other formats.
You can download the new Imaging Edge software suite for free from the Sony website.Tags: Imaging Edge