Adobe changed how they support tethering. Tethering is now supported only in Lightroom Classic CC released on October 18, 2017. Lightroom Classic CC used to be called Lightroom CC and the last published version numbers under that name we 2015.4-2015.8. Confused? Us to.
Here’s all you need to know. If you are on the Adobe Creative Cloud, you will need Lightroom Classic CC to tether. The steps to setup a tethered session are below. Note, that if you on a version of Lightroom older than October 18, 2017, you will still use the program called Lightroom CC.
- Connect a supported camera to your computer and open Lightroom Classic CC.
- Choose File > Tethered Capture > Start Tethered Capture.
- In the Tethered Capture Settings dialog box, specify how you want to import the photos.
- Click OK to start your photo capture session.
- Use the floating tethered capture bar to import photos.