Question: My CamRanger won’t seem to stay connected to my iPad.
Answer: Connection issues are related to one of two things: USB or WiFi, with USB being the more common culprit.
WiFi issues are usually due to environmental interference. Sometimes with certain flash controllers interference can cause issues. While this is not very common, it can happen on occasion.
USB issues are more common and could be from one of the following:
- Low CamRanger battery
- Bad USB cable
- Possible camera compatibility issues.
Question: What can I do to troubleshoot this issue?
Answer: For WiFi, try taking just the CamRanger, camera and iPad/iPhone/Android outside and see if there are connection issues. This will allow you to see whether or not your CamRanger is functioning correctly.
For USB, you can try the following:
Question: I wonder if it’s the CamRanger bag included?
Answer: If you think the provided CamRanger bag is not working for you, some other available options are:
While shooting wireless to an iPad is great, on shoots where you must see images immediately, we always recommend bringing a back up cable and laptop with you. Even if it never comes out of your car, you always want to have a back up Tether Cable handy just in case.
Have another troubleshooting question?
Be sure to check out Tether Tools’ CamRanger FAQ page which features compatibility, usage & spec questions such as:
- Which iOS devices & versions can be used?
- Which Mac OSX is supported?
- Is there a version for my Windows PC computer or Android device?
- Are you planning on supporting a particular camera model?
- Is a particular feature supported on my camera?
- Is my camera supported?
- Can I use CamRanger while it is charging?
- Why does it tell me the image is too large to view?
- Can a single CamRanger work with different cameras?
- How does continuous shooting mode work?
- How do I register my device?
- I’m done using CamRanger, why can’t I get Internet access?
- I have a Wi-Fi signal, why can’t I connect to the CamRanger?
- Why are some camera properties disabled?
- How do I attach my CamRanger after connecting it to my camera?
- How does my iOS device connect to the CamRanger?