The Camera – Sony Alpha a6300
Fast-focusing and 4K-shooting, the Alpha a6300 from Sony is a versatile APS-C-format mirrorless digital camera designed for multimedia image-makers. Revolving around a redeveloped 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, clean image quality is provided with a wide expandable sensitivity range to ISO 51200, along with accelerated readout speeds for internal 4K30 and Full HD 1080p120 video recording with full pixel readout. Stills shooters also benefit from the apt processing speed, which enables continuous shooting at 11 fps for up to 21 raw frames in a burst, as well as 14-bit raw file output. Complementing both stills and video, the sensor and processor combination also avails 4D FOCUS, which combines a wide-coverage 425-point phase-detection system with a 169-area contrast detection system for quick and precise focusing performance. This focusing system also enables High-density Tracking AF for more efficient and accurate tracking of moving subjects across the image frame. A well-rounded camera for both photographers and videographers, the a6300 is characterized by its speed and further qualified by its refined image and video quality.
- A robust magnesium alloy body offers a durable profile, and also incorporates dust and moisture seals to protect against harsh environments.
- The XGA Tru-Finder 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring, and also sports a dedicated 120 fps mode for smoother viewing when tracking moving subjects.
- A 3.0″ 921.6k-dot LCD screen can be tilted 90° upward or 45° downward to suit working from high and low angles. The screen also incorporates White Magic technology with an RGBW pixel structure for increased brightness to support use in daylight conditions.
- Nine customizable buttons can be set to control more than 64 functions for more intuitive handling.
- An ergonomic grip structure is ideal for long shooting sessions and facilitates easy access to the main control buttons and dials.
The Software – What software should you use to shoot tethered with the Sony Alpha a6300?
At the time of publishing, there has been no formal announcement of tethered support for the Sony Alpha a6300, however the a6000 is supported by Capture One Pro for Sony so we expect the camera will be able to shoot tethered with Capture One in the near future.
To learn more about Capture One Pro for Sony Tethered Photography, read the article below.
The Gear – Tether Tools Pro Tethering Kit for Sony Alpha a6300
- Tether Table Aero Traveler
- TetherPro USB 2.0 A Male to Micro-B 5 Pin cable
- JerkStopper Tethering Kit
- Aero ProPad
- StrapMoore Extender
- Tether Tools Cable Organization Case (Standard)
To learn more about shooting tethered including how to create better images and work more efficiently while keeping your files safe and secure by incorporating an archival tethering system into your workflow download the Ultimate Tethering Guide – FREE from Tether Tools and the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP).Tags: sony, Sony a6300