Tethering a LUMIX GH4 to your computer is quick and easy with Tether Tools gear and USB Tether for Lumix from Promote Systems. LUMIX Luminary and Celebrity Fashion Photographer Michael Grecco explains the benefits from his experience from tethered photography with his LUMIX GH4.
The Camera – Panasonic Lumix GH4
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera is a true hybrid camera designed for both professional photo and video use. The GH4 features a weather-sealed magnesium alloy body, while offering increased resolution on both the OLED monitor and electronic viewfinder. It also features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC technology, in-camera creative controls, and a high-speed 49-point autofocus in both photo and video mode.
16.05 Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
The 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor delivers high-quality images with high sensitivity and quick response times. The increased signal speed readout helps to suppress the effects of rolling shutter, and with the quad-core Venus Engine image processor, you’ll enjoy dramatically improved sensitivity (maximum ISO 25600), gradation performance, resolution, and color reproduction.
Micro Four Thirds System and Lens Mount
The DMC-GH4’s 4/3″ type sensor is large enough for shallow depth of field and yet small enough to take advantage of lighter, more compact lenses than a larger format camera would require. Plus, the short flange focal distance of the Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount makes it possible to add optional adapters (sold separately) to use a wide range of lenses, including PL-mount cinema lenses.
The Software – USB Tether for LUMIX from Promote Systems
USB Tether was designed from the ground up in cooperation with Panasonic in order to be fully compatible with LUMIX DMC-GH4. With USB Tether for LUMIX, you will be able to:
- Release the shutter on your LUMIX DMC-GH4 camera from your computer or laptop
- See or set camera settings, such as shutter speed, aperture or ISO
- View thumbnails of all images your camera takes, even if you use on-camera shutter release
- Automatically download all new images from your camera to a folder on your computer
- Automatically import downloaded images into Adobe Lightroom, or open them in a default image viewer
- Synchronize multiple DMC-GH4 cameras for simultaneous camera setting control and/or shutter release
The Gear – Tether Tools Pro Tethering Kit for Lumix G4
- Tether Table Aero Traveler
- TetherPro USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B 8-Pin 15’ Cable
- JerkStopper Tethering Kit
- Aero ProPad
- StrapMoore Extender
- Tether Tools Cable Organization Case (Standard)
To learn more about shooting tethered including how to create better images and work more efficiently while keeping your files safe and secure by incorporating an archival tethering system into your workflow download the Ultimate Tethering Guide – FREE from Tether Tools and the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP).
Tags: Lumix, Panasonic