Just released at Photokina 2014, Phase One’s Capture One Pro 8 is making a splash!
Capture One Pro 8 is a professional RAW converter offering ultimate image quality with accurate colors and incredible detail for more than 300 high-end cameras and DSLRs.
Many features have been added to Capture One Pro 8 such as:
- NEW Catalogs: helping the organization of photo collections, split view across multiple Catalogs, sharing catalogs for a more collaborative environment and new import and export feature.
- NEW Film Grain: add high-resolution grain directly to an image to mimic film stock for a more ‘organic’ look, hide noise or simply create the effect.
- NEW Keystone Correction: reduce or eliminate perspective distortion with both a horizontal and vertical correction manually while making it as natural-looking as possible. This is a great addition for architectural photographers who captured at a low angle, making the parallel lines converge to straighten those leaning building with no effort.
- NEW Live View*: helps you compose, focus and light your images optimally for an integrated workflow. The NEW multi-point focus metering feature** in Live View assists in fine-tuning optimal focus in a scene.
- NEW Repair Layers: allows for complete control to remove unwanted objects or blemishes from an image using the new clone and heal layers.
- NEW Speed: with numerous performance improvements, photographers can experience faster tethered capture, image ingestion and preview generation, catalog and file handling all in Capture One Pro 8. Even processing Canon and Nikon files is faster. If a computer has multiple graphics cards, Capture One Pro 8 offers an unparalleled use of those resources with the world’s first GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) support.
*NOTE: Live View is supported for select cameras from Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Nikon, Canon and Sony.
**NOTE: Focus metering is currently only available for Phase One IQ and Leaf Credo digital backs.Capture One Pro, Software, Tethering Software