The Adobe Lightroom 5.2 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 5.
This update provides additional tethering, camera raw and lens profile support as well as addresses bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
Newly added Tethering Support
The following cameras are now supported for Tethered Capture in Lightroom 5.2:
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i / EOS 700D / EOS Kiss X7i
- Canon EOS Rebel SL1 / EOS 100D / EOS Kiss X7
- Nikon D7100
New Features in Lightroom 5.2
The following features and enhancements were added in this update:
- A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
- Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
- New Feather control
- Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
- Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
- Auto Exposure has been improved to be more consistent across images and across different image sizes.
- Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
- Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
- Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
- Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment
For more information on this update and new camera support, please visit the Lightroom 5.2 Now Available Release Page.Adobe Lightroom